Attract and retain valuable employees with group benefits
Comprehensive group coverage for two to 300 employees
You’ve worked hard to build your business into the success it is today and it’s important for you to exceed your current level of success.
A group benefits plan is an important part of the financial security plan of your business. Under a group benefits plan, financial risk associated with loss of life, disability and health-related expenses is shared and priced based on the lives of a group of people. With a group benefits plan, when a member of the group dies, becomes ill or needs healthcare services, the plan provides compensation according to the terms of the contract.
Investing in group benefits for you and your employees can help you to:
- Better attract and retain good people which can also help you reduce costs related to high staff turnover
- Access insurance for you and your employees at a reduced cost (compared to most individual insurance plans)
- Deduct your premium as a business expense from your taxes, providing a tax-deductible alternative to a salary increase
- Provide 24-hour coverage for all benefits, including disability insurance
- Help improve morale and decrease incidences of absenteeism, thereby increasing productivity, by providing financial security and support for your plan members when they need it most
Essential features available under a group benefits plan
- Healthcare and dentalcare benefits: Help your plan members bridge the widening gap between provincial health insurance plans and the coverage your members and their families need.
- Wellness and disability benefits: A collaborative approach to managing wellness and disability in the workplace. Drawing on a comprehensive menu of services, this coverage helps protect you and your employees against the financial impact of income loss due to an accident or critical illness. Critical illness benefits can provides your employees with a one-time, lump-sum benefit of $10,000 to $1,000,000 if they are diagnosed illness with a critical condition as defined in the policy, as long as they satisfy the survival period.
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) benefits: Can provide financial support for your plan members and their families in the event of a death or other specified losses as a result of an accident, helping ease the burden of unfortunate situations.
- International benefit plans: Provides benefits to employees who are U.S. residents, are Canadian residents working temporarily in the U.S. or overseas, or are new to Canada, and not yet eligible for provincial healthcare benefits.
Group benefits instead of a salary increase
An attractive overall compensation package can help protect an employer’s most valuable asset: your employees.
With government cutbacks and increasing drug, hospital and paramedical costs, giving your employees a pay increase isn’t always the most cost-effective compensation method.
A raise in salary can cost more than you think. Please contact me for a more detailed comparison of what it might cost your business to provide group benefits versus a raise in salary.
A plan to meet your needs
Your business is unique, and so are your people. Whatever the size of your group, with my help, you can offer them a group benefits plan that helps meet their needs and yours, and includes:
- Competitive products
- Quality service
- Cost-effective management of benefit costs
- Ease of plan administration
- Technology-based solutions
- Detailed management information
Contact us today
Your people are likely your most important asset, and provide you with a competitive edge. Creating the group plan your business needs takes experience and knowledgeable advice. To find out more about how group benefits can help make your business more successful, please contact us today.